Welcome to the British Columbia branch of Editors Canada!
News and Events
- The next Editors BC seminar is called Build Your Freelance Editing Business Website with Erin Brenner.
- The next monthly meeting is a session on plain language accessibility requirements with Iva Cheung.
- Missed a meeting? Many past meetings have been recorded and are available to members, though you must sign in. Recordings are only available for 30 days.
- West Coast Editor, the newsletter of Editors BC, is available at editorsbc.blog. Back issues for 2001 through May 2012 are available in PDF form.
- Interested in what’s happening across the country? Go to the Editors Canada Branches & Twigs page, where you can search for seminar offerings by province and plan your training adventures!
- Want to train online? Check out Editors Canada’s upcoming webinars and recordings.
- To sign up for our mailing list, please email your full name and the instruction “Please add me to your email list” to email@example.com.
Looking for an Editor?
A professional editor can supplement your regular staff, supervise a project from start to finish, or simply provide a few hours of expertise. Here’s how to find the editor you need:
- Contact the Editors BC job hotline coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our hotline coordinator will broadcast your request to our 200+ branch members. An interested—and available—editor will then contact you. Please include as much detail as possible about your project and the type(s) of editing you’re looking for.
- Search Editors Canada’s Online Directory of Editors and contact the candidates you’re interested in directly.
More helpful advice can be found by taking a look at Editors Canada’s Hire an Editor page.
Who Are We?
We are the British Columbia branch of Editors Canada, a professional organization of more than 1,300 members coast to coast and more than 200 in British Columbia.
Editors Canada is incorporated federally as a not-for-profit organization under the 2014 Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act.
Since 1979, our contributions to the Canadian publishing community have been recognized by publishers, business, government, private and public institutions, and individuals.
Sign up for our mailing list by emailing your full name and the instruction “Please add me to your email list” to email@example.com.
Like us on Facebook: Editors British Columbia
Join us on X/Twitter @EditorsBC
Editors Canada members with a British Columbia address are automatically members of the BC branch. The Join Editors Canada page will take you to everything you need to know about joining Editors Canada, including types of memberships, annual dues, and both online and downloadable application forms.
Professional Development Seminars
Editors BC attracts a wide range of industry experts to teach our popular half-day and full-day professional development seminars. Register early to take advantage of our great early-bird pricing.